From the drive and control concept to machine commissioning: Find out more about our application for Deloro Wear Solutions GmbH!
Oct 7, 2016
Deloro Wear Solutions relies on Pilz drive technology
Best advice for plants with vertical axes
Deloro Wear Solutions GmbH is one of the world's leading manufacturers of carbide tools and wear-resistant solutions. It decided to use a Pilz solution to safeguard its XYZ welding equipment.
The package includes the following services:
- Advice on the safe drive and control concept
- Safeguarding the vertical axis
- Performing a risk assessment
- Adapting the entire operating concept
- Selecting and programming the systems and components
- Commissioning of the machine
Safe motion monitoring on vertical axes
The solution focuses on the motion control system PMCprimo DriveP in conjunction with the control system PSSuniversal multi. As the higher level control system, PMCprimo DriveP controls and monitors both the safety and the control processes on the machine. The drive system controls up to ten vertical and horizontal axes.
Safe motion functions such as the safety functions SSR (Safe Speed Range), SLS (Safely Limited Speed), SBC (Safe Brake Control), SBT (Safe Brake Test) and Safe Stop SS1 and SS2 meet the highest safety requirements in the application up to Performance Level PL e. They are implemented directly within the drive. Safeguarding of the vertical axis is ensured by a combination of a safe operating stop and the control of two brakes – including a safe brake test.
Increase productivity thanks to safe "teach-in"
Also, the availability of the machine is increased significantly with the help of the "teach-in process". If the welding profile contour can be calculated from the teach-in points and the system is then started, teaching can occur with safely limited speed SLS while the safety gates are open . The operator can observe the process perfectly and setup time is minimised.
PMCprimo DriveP is supported by the configurable control system PSSuniversal multi in the automation system PSS 4000. This control system monitors safety functions such as E-STOP and automatic/setup mode in the PTA plant. The whole welding machine plus the control/drive section are monitored by our safe sensor technology PSEN on swing gates and sliding gates. The operator terminal PMI is also used for safe diagnostics.
Visit us at Motek 2016!
We would be delighted to provide individual advice on our drive solutions. Visit us at Motek from 10 to 13 October 2016. You'll find our experts in Hall 8, Stand 8410. We look forward to your visit!
Pilz GmbH & Co. KG
Telephone: +49 711 3409-0
- Canada: +1 888-315-PILZ (315-7459)
- United States (toll-free): +1 877-PILZUSA (745-9872)
- Mexico: +52 55 5572 1300
- Brazil: + 55 11 4942-7028
- Spain: +34 938497433
- United Kingdom: +44 1536 462203
- Sweden: +46 300 13990 / +45 74436332
- France (toll-free): +33 3 88104000
- Turkey: +90 216 5775552
- Netherlands: +31 347 320477
- Austria: +43 1 7986263-444
- Russia: +7 495 6654993
- Italy: +39 0362 1826711
- Germany: +49 711 3409 444
- Finland: +358 10 3224030 / +45 74436332
- Switzerland: +41 62 88979 32
- Ireland: +353 21 4804983
- Belgium: +32 9 321 75 70
- Denmark: +45 74436332
- South Korea: +82 31 778 3390
- Australia: +61 3 9560 0621
- China: +86 21 60880878-216
- New Zealand: +64 9 6345350
- Taiwan: +886 2 25700068
- Japan: +81 45 471 2281