Simple configuration of access permissions and macros for PNOZ m B1 from Version 10.10
- Configure access permissions for the reader unit PITreader: PITreader authentication/authorisation function element
- Create macro elements for the base unit PNOZ m B1
The PITreader function element has been added to the software tool PNOZmulti Configurator; it can be used for simple configuration of authentications and authorisations. The reader unit PITreader with RFID technology can be used to implement access permissions for plant and machinery. The options range from a simple enable and authentication of specific machine component functions to a complex hierarchical permission matrix. PITreader can be used flexibly as a standalone device or in conjunction with a controller from Pilz, such as the configurable safe small controllers PNOZmulti 2, in particular the base unit PNOZ m B1.
Users can authenticate themselves on the PNOZmulti by inserting a transponder key into the read area of the PITreader; they will then be authorised to carry out certain operations. The permission on the transponder key must meet the condition for the required permission as configured.
Do you also need a safe operating mode selection system?
Then add your PITreader to the combined operating mode selection and access permission system PITmode fusion. This combines safety and security functions in one system. To do this you will need a separate evaluation unit (safe evaluation unit - SEU) in addition to the reader unit PITreader. The devices enable functionally safe operating mode selection and the control of access permissions on plant and machinery. Configure the "operating mode selector switch" function element on the PNOZmulti Configurator and link it to the new PITreader authentication/authorisation function element.
- Ability to control access permissions with a high level of manipulation protection
- All staff members are given the machine enables that match their abilities
- Functionally safe operating mode selection in conjunction with PITmode fusion
Use macro elements to save engineering time – now also on the base unit PNOZ m B1
The logic connections that are defined between inputs and outputs can be combined into macro elements. Once created, macro elements are stored in the macro library. They are then available for use in all further configurations. A simple import and export function and the ability to edit macros within the editor reduce your engineering time and save costs.
With the availability of macros for the base unit PNOZ m B1 it is simple to migrate all your projects to 2nd generation PNOZmulti devices, supported by software. So you can benefit from the advantages of the configurable safe small controllers PNOZmulti 2 and keep effort to a minimum.
The benefits of using macros:
- Create just once, re-use again and again: you save time on subsequent projects, while quality always stays the same. Any changes to a macro element in the project are adapted automatically in this configuration.
- You can implement larger, more complex projects because using macro elements means you save on connection lines and projects become clearer
- You save time during diagnostics and troubleshooting because macro elements are displayed in powerflow. Diagnostic information can be mapped
- Macros can be read and write protected, so protecting your expertise.