Safe motion makes wishes come true: With the safety card, your drive is able to achieve a performance level up to PL e as defined in EN/ISO 13849-1, with all motor feedbacks and fieldbuses! This increases the productivity of your machines by up to 20%. Drive-integrated safety functions such as "Safely Reduced Speed" are also available. This saves you time, reduces errors and increases safety during set-up. Efficient and safe – Be first across the line with safe motion!
Safe motion – First past the post
Achieving a performance level up to PL e of EN/ISO 13849-1 with any feedback
Benefits that will keep you on the safe side:
- High system availability thanks to highly dynamic, short reaction times
- Safety up to PL e of EN/ISO 13849-1 with one encoder (standard feedback system)
- Open for all common fieldbus systems
- Fast commissioning
- Easy-to-use software tool
Features of safe motion solution:
- Cost reduction, because maximum safety up to PL e of EN/ISO 13849-1 is achieved with a standard feedback system – without a second encoder
- PMCprotego D servo amplifiers are designed in compliance with EN/IEC 62061 (SIL 3), EN ISO 13849-1 (up to PL e)
- The PMCprotego S safety card complies with EN 61800-5-2
- Quick and easy parameter setting of multiple safety cards centrally using a software tool
- Easy device replacement thanks to the SD memory card (standard and safety configuration)
- Reduced wiring requirements thanks to the integrated mains filter (conforming with EMC standards)
Safe stop functions
Safe Torque Off
With the "Safe Torque Off" (STO) function, the power supply to the motor is safely interrupted directly within the servo amplifier. The drive cannot generate any hazardous movements. If the STO is activated when the drive is moving, the motor will run down in an uncontrolled manner.
Safe Stop 1
With the "Safe Stop 1" function, the drive is brought to a controlled stop and then the power supply to the motor is safely interrupted. When the drive is stationary, it can no longer cause any hazardous movements.
Safe Stop 2
With the "Safe Stop 2" function, the drive is brought to a controlled stop and then the "Safe Operating Stop" is initiated. With a "Safe Operating Stop", the
drive's control functions are maintained in full.
Safe motion functions
Safe Operating Stop
The "Safe Operating Stop" function monitors the stop position reached by the axis and prevents any deviation from the position window. The drive's control functions are maintained in full. If the position strays outside of the monitored window, the drive is shut down safely.
Safely Limited Speed
The "Safely Limited Speed" (SLS) function monitors the drive to check that a defined maximum speed is not exceeded. If the speed limit value is exceeded, the drive is shut down safely.
Safe Speed Range
The "Safe Speed Range" function is the same as the SLS function but with added minimum speed monitoring. The result: The maximum speed must not exceed a certain value, and the minimum speed must not drop below a certain value. If either of these limits is violated, the drive is shut down.
The "Safe Direction" function guarantees that a drive can only move in one (defined) direction. If the specified direction is violated, the drive is shut down safely.
Safely Limited Position
The "Safely Limited Position" (SLP) function monitors all end positions, e.g. the safe area monitoring for robots or linear axes.
Safely Limited Increment
The "Safely Limited Increment" (SLI) function performs the safe motion tasks in "safely limited increments" during material feed to the process. This is relevant in the case of e.g. roll feed on presses.
Safe brake functions
Safe Brake Control
The "Safe Brake Control" function enables the safe actuation of brakes, thereby preventing suspended loads from falling.
Safe Brake Test
The "Safe Brake Test" function checks operation of the brake. This test can be used to identify any faults in the brake’s control and mechanics. The brake test may be carried out in each production cycle or only every 24 hours, depending on the specific application and the requirement from the risk analysis.
Versatile applications – Safe motion as scalable solution
The servo amplifier with integrated PMCprotego DS safety card provides a flexible and scalable safety solution. They individually combine all the safety functions that your application needs.
The "Safe Torque Off" function is the basis of every safety function. It is included even on the basic version of the servo amplifier PMCprotego D. The plug-in safety card provides numerous other safety functions.
Ideal for any application in which speed is monitored depending on the selected operating mode. Example applications could be:
- Safe set-up
- Suspended loads / vertical axes
- Process monitoring/observation
- Safe intervention in the process
- Machining centres
- Automatic guided vehicle systems
- Pick and place by robots
- Stage design
Our product range: PMCprotego
Please wait while data is being loaded
Pilz GmbH & Co. KG
Telephone: +49 711 3409-0
Telephone: +49 711 3409 444
- Brazil: + 55 11 4942-7028
- Canada: +1 888-315-PILZ (315-7459)
- United States (toll-free): +1 877-PILZUSA (745-9872)
- Mexico: +52 55 5572 1300
- Germany: +49 711 3409 444
- Sweden: +46 300 13990 / +45 74436332
- Turkey: +90 216 5775552
- Russia: +7 495 6654993
- Belgium: +32 9 321 75 75
- Denmark: +45 74436332
- Netherlands: +31 347 320477
- Finland: +358 10 3224030 / +45 74436332
- Austria: +43 1 7986263-444
- Switzerland: +41 62 88979 32
- France (toll-free): +33 3 88104000
- Spain: +34 938497433
- Ireland: +353 21 4804983
- United Kingdom: +44 1536 462203
- Italy: +39 0362 1826711
- New Zealand: +64 9 6345350
- China: +86 21 60880878-216
- Japan: +81 45 471 2281
- Taiwan: +886 2 25700068
- Australia: +61 3 9560 0621
- South Korea: +82 31 778 3390